The building, which would later become a hotel, was occupied in 1825 by a surgeon, Mr. Flory. The stables and gardens opened onto the Promenade du Pré, which has since become the Promenade du Maréchal Foch. At the time of construction of the sub-prefecture, from 1861 to 1863, this large building became the Hôtel du Boeuf or Hôtel du Boeuf d’Or.
The Echo du Loir of March 8, 1874 tells us that it had just been destroyed by fire.
The privileged location of the Hotel-Bar-Restaurant, between the activities of the market and the port, boat traffic, the watering place for horses, the washing-boats (A washing-boat is equipped with a space to wash the laundry, another to dry it, often on the upper floor, a large stove to heat water, a lavatory, and also the owner’s accommodation), concerts at the kiosk with music on Sundays, popular festivals, military parades, the comings and goings of officers and elegant women attracted tourists, merchants and walkers.
Benefiting from an exceptional location at 40, 42 and 44 rue du Maréchal Foch along the Promenade of the same name, between the Place de la Sous-Préfecture to the north, the national road and the Loir to the south, the old Hotel du Boeuf became the Hostellerie du Loir, then the Relais du Loir since 1970.
“Good food in the Loir Valley, with a panoramic terrace facing the Loir”, the Hotel has a guest book on which many personalities have signed: Marcel Amont, Aznavour, Sabine Azéma, Germain Pérez, Commissioner Broussard, Laurent Géra and Virginie Lemoine, etc …Since 2017 the Relais du Loir has become a Hotel Bureau.